Saturday, October 29, 2011
skipping christmas
I know it's a little early to start thinking about Christmas, but the snow has me anticipating the stress and anxiety of the holiday season. I mean for fuck's sake, Kohl's had their Christmas displays out in September! Christmas has never been an easy thing for me, and though I love giving gifts and making my friends and family smile, it's expensive as fuck to do so, and I honestly can't afford it this year. I want to make it clear that I don't want to receive any gifts this year, either. I'm the type of person that feels bad about receiving gifts--not because I don't like the gift itself or the thought behind the gift, but I don't like feeling like I owe something in return, especially when I can't afford to give something back. Judge me however you'd like, but I'm skipping Christmas this year, end of story.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment